Unihertz Jelly 2 Review - My Unpopular Opinion!

Unihertz Jelly 2 Review

The Unihertz Jelly 2 I have is running Android 11. There's a reason why this phone exists and that is because a lot of people are sick and tired of having really big phones.

The Jelly 2 fits in my hand, it's a small smartphone.

 

Specifications

Let's start with the specifications, this has a 3 inch display with a resolution of 854x480 so it's a 16:9 480p screen.

It has a MediaTek Helio P60 8-core CPU which goes to 2Ghz.

6GB Ram

128Gb of storage

On the front it has an 8 megapixel camera which does not have autofocus and on the back it has a fingerprint sensor as well as a Flash and it has a 16 megapixel camera that does have autofocus.

It does have 2 Sim card slots so you can have 2 Sims or if you want, you can have 1 sim card and 1 micro SD card as well.

 

Build Quality

The build quality on this phone is exceptional. It's built really well and it comes in a jelly case which is very nice to have.

 

Ease Of Use

Because this is a small phone it's very easy to just reach the far corner of the display and that's one of the things I love about this phone, it's very easy to hold and it's very small. The curved design on it is nice, it fits in the hand really well and I can easily get to the volume rocker without moving my hand.

It has a function key which turns on the flashlight by default and it does a whole bunch of other things like I think I've got it to take a screenshot.

 

Display

This is a 3 inch display. You may want to scale the text a little bigger so you can read easier. I prefer bigger text.

 

Performance

The Helio p60 is a really good CPU. I did have some stuttering initially but I restarted the phone and it's gone away, now it's really smooth and it's a nice experience. The CPU is not as quick as some of the Snapdragon CPUs but it doesn't have any stuttering and it's not really a slow CPU.

As far as the GPU goes, because it has a 480p display you can play games like Minecraft and I haven't really noticed any lag.

It's a very nice display as well. The viewing angles are pretty nice it looks nice

 

Exterior

You do have a function key on the side next to the power button.

There's a headphone jack on top and as well as an IR blaster.

On the back you do have a fingerprint sensor and you do have a Type-C port on the side for charging and the speaker is at the bottom along with the microphone and this jelly case allows you to use a lanyard.

You have the volume control on the left side of the phone.

As far as experience goes everything works on this phone.

 

Speakers

The speakers are a little tinny but I gets very loud and I'm happy with the sound.

Camera

The most annoying thing about these cameras is that they're not easy to use because they don't have Optical image stabilization. I find even in daylight I get motion blurred images and it's not the phone's fault, I've managed the same on actual cameras that don't have image stabilization. But as far as image quality goes, I've been taking some product shots and I'm very happy with the image quality.

The 16 megapixel camera on the back is very nice but the highlights do have a problem. I'm very happy with the image quality that comes out of this and I think the only issue is that it doesn't have a lot of dynamic range. As far as sharpness goes, the jpeg processing is not bad.

It does have a PRO mode so you can change the ISO to 100 and then you can have a nightmare taking pictures. It allows you to take RAW images in .dng format so that's very nice. For most people, these are going to be a really nice camera.

 

Battery Life

The Unihertz Jelly 2 has a 2000mAh battery and I've not been using any battery saving mode. I've been able to get through a day and have a little bit leftover for the next day and by then I charge it up again.

 

Price

This phone is £150 pounds on AliExpress.

 

Things I dislike

I want to go over some the things I dislike about this phone and this is not going to be a popular opinion.

1. Weight:

One thing I don't like about this phone is that even though it's a light phone, it does feel a bit heavy in the hand and so it does pull you down if you have it in the pocket. It's small so it'll be easy in the pocket and take up less space.

2. Thickness:

Now the second thing I don't like about this phone is the it's a very thick phone. I understand that it's a small phone there may not be enough space to fit parts in there with the battery and the PCB and then the display... but this has a micro SD card slot, a function button, a headphone jack and an IR blaster. I really don't think these are necessary. They can get rid of these. And Unihertz can get rid of the micro SD card slot and make this 1 sim card only and also get rid of the capacitive buttons because you can get them on screen.

The reason I'm saying this is because if you're trying to make a small phone, you shouldn't really be packing so many features. You can easily make this a much Slimmer phone.

Conclusion

My whole experience with this phone has been exceptional, I've loved having a small screen and being able to reach on the other side.

It suits the purpose that is made for and it's a very nice phone.

Comments

Popular Posts