Best/CHEAP video light? - Neewer CN-216 Unboxing, Review and tests!!



Neewer CN-216



The CN-216 LED video light from Neewer is awesome, It's really cheap and is way too bright for the price!



I got this cheap light for video purposes. This light will and does help me with the quality of my videos. I recommend you getting two of these so you can light your subject easily. I will be getting another one if I think I really need one, for now tho; I'm fine with one as I use my phone's flashlight sometimes.



The light comes with interchangable covers so you can match the white balance needed. One for indoors and one for outdoors. You don't have to sue them if you don't want to. For a spotlight, use the light without the covers and it focusses more on the center point. It also gets noticably brighter when not using a filter.



The light gives out a narrow beam(watch the video for demonstrations). It isn't like a laser but it is quite narrow. If you want to even it out a bit then you will need to use a filter.



The light is fairly small but bigger than compact cameras. it's comparable to a DSLR and that's ok.



You can mount it to a hot shoe mount if you have one on your camera for direct spotlighting, or you can mount it on a tripod, which is what I do. I have used this light only on a tripod and I recommend you to do the same because it is more flexible. I can place it just about anywhere and it gives out enough light that I don't need to use it on maximum level.



It run on traditonal batteries from Sony and Panasonic. But you can use six AA batteries if you have lying around. It runs for around 2-3 hours on a full charge. Although I am not quite sure, mine does last me 20 minutes for video, that is not on a full charge. However, I do find myself re-charging the batteries often.



Either way, I recommend you getting two of these. Each on a tripod from 2 parallel sides lighting your target.

Comments

Popular Posts